Mathematics is an excellent vehicle for the development and improvement of a person’s intellectual ability in logical reasoning, spatial visualisation, analysis and abstract thought.
Task: Card Trick
Successful methods include arranging the cards in a row and moving cards which have been removed by moving them upwards and another method is to use drawing.
Implications for Instruction:
- Working with teachers
- Poker cards
- Spelling the numbers
- Challenging and understanding
- Visuals (cut- out)
- Prior knowledge
Task: Cut out figures from paper art
- Find a pattern
- Find similarities
- Thinking routine (Harvard)
- Simple to complex
What do you see?
What do you think?
How do you wonder?
Before reading- story express
- Predict the story based on given words
- Write predicted story in 5 to 10 lines
After reading- Circle strategy procedure
- Retell story through pictures or text
Things I have learnt today?
- Card trick
- Paper art: Visualization and patterning
- Story telling: Pattering and differentiation